• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jer309GTi

Mi16 Cam Oil Seal, Pas Drive

Jer309GTi

I've had an oil leak on my car for a while, and have traced it to the cam oil seal behind the PAS pulley (its on a 405). Anyone tried replacing this seal with the cam in place? I really don't want to have to disturb the cambelt unless I really have to :(

Also, on the subject of oil leaks, have the Mi rocker covers ever been known for becoming porous and leaking oil?

Thanks in advance :D

Tom Fenton

I reckon it would be possible, drill a couple of small holes in the old seal and the screw in a self tapper to use to pull it out.

If your rocker cover is leaking try a new seal first, they can go hard after a while. Look in the Haynes book as there is an order and procedure to fit them properly.

Jer309GTi

Thanks Tom, good tip there :D

The rocker cover and the bolt/spark plug seals are all only a couple of months old. You can see oil around the pulley where it has spun around with oil on so I'm sure this is the cause of the leak

sorr

I have done mine in situ. Do as Tom says to remove it. Then use a large socket to tap the new one into place.

Also even if the cam cover seals are new you may need some RTV aswell.

Jer309GTi
I have done mine in situ. Do as Tom says to remove it. Then use a large socket to tap the new one into place.

Also even if the cam cover seals are new you may need some RTV aswell.

Thanks :D I've got the rocker cover back off now so will use the sealer as well to make sure. I'm fed up with bloody oil leaks lol!

Sign in to follow this