• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Norpug205

Electrical Problems 205 1.9 Gti 1987

Guest Norpug205

Hi guys!

After an engine swap i have lost lights in the dash, front parking lights, rear driving lights and number plate lights. Possibly some other lights as well but that was the what i found with a quick overview. Front driving lights, rear brake light, indicators and reverse light works as it should.

Have checked the fuses and relays inside the car and the 3 relays attatched at the back of engine bay but they all seem to work as they should.

I changed to a MI16 engine but have separate looms for engine and other electrical and the other electrical has been kept standard. I also had the dash out..

Any ideas?

Cheers

Bjorn

Norway

Mikey G

Sounds like you have left an earth out somewhere, also the dash lights connect up through a variable resistor on the steering column cowling, might be worth checking you havent disconnected this by mistake.

Guest Norpug205

Ok,thanks mate. Will look into it

Alastairh

Yeah check the earths actually mount onto the back of the dash board, also any of the 12v plugs in the electrical black distribution block behind the passenger light which you would of disturbed for a 12v feed for the loom.

Al

Sign in to follow this