• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rob Thomson

Help With Fan Wiring Please.

Rob Thomson

Memory failure again. I took loads of pics when I took it apart, but there's never the one I need...

I have no idea how the fan wiring is supposed to be located. Where does the loom sit? Where does the resistor go? I've got the power supply and the earth sussed but think I must be missing some clips or something because I can't see where the rest is supposed to go...

Does anyone know or have a pic they could share?

Looks like this at the moment...

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6752/dsc02507tf6.jpg

Thanks a million,

Rob.

PS. Why the does the fan loom have a spare/disgnostic socket?

Edited by pugtorque
image filesize, 120k max please.

gti-si

The Blue plug should be screwed into the the radiator (well the sender it's connected too should). No idea about the diagnostic socket, just not used I don't think. The resistor on most ends up cable tied to the slam panel or can sit underneath it, that's what have done with mine. That's about it for the radiator/fan assay I think

kyepan

regarding the resistor, hopefully you'll have a clip on the back of the rad for it, if not as above, diagnostic socket should sit somwhere behind the light cluster.

Rob Thomson

Ok, cool. I'll try to find a clip to attach the resistor to the slam panel or top of the rad.

What's confusing me most is that there's SO much wiring, the loom seems about fifteen times longer than it needs to be. Never mind, I'll zip-tie it out of the way somewhere.

Thanks for your help!

pug_ham

Its not strictly a diagnostic socket but the spare one is handy for testing the fans work or leaving them running after a track session.

Its a fully self contained loom that runs between the shunt box, resistor rad temp switch & fans.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this