• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
camgti

Need A 405 Mi16 Complete Wiring Diagram`

camgti

Im having trouble finding the correct connections for the wires for the 4, 2 pin plugs. Blue and grey white. One goes on the gearbox one into the side of the engine near the water thing :). Cant find where the others go. For some reason the fans are running full when you tun to ign and the water temp is maxed out. So just afer a wiring diagram if anyone has one. Ive seached for aged can only find one for the cnersion. Its an actual 405!

An help would be great.

Regards Cam

Alan_M

Blue sounds like the ECU water temperature sensor, the white sounds like the reverse switch on top of the gearbox.

Not sure on the grey....ICV connector?

GLPoomobile

Yes, grey is the ICV.

camgti
Yes, grey is the ICV.

And a ICV is....... Sorry

Cam

GLPoomobile

Idle control valve. It's the cylinder on the inlet manifold near to the throttle body, and has a hose coming in to the arse of it and another that goes at 90 degrees and joins the manifold.

camgti
Idle control valve. It's the cylinder on the inlet manifold near to the throttle body, and has a hose coming in to the arse of it and another that goes at 90 degrees and joins the manifold.

Ok so ive joinedall these in the corect positions, but i still hav a grey connecter. There is a black connector that i didnt disconnect that is in the ICV. Is it possible it wasent joined? Its the grey one by the way. Also, once the key is turned to ign the fans come on. Is this normal for a 405? The temp gauge after about 3 seconds is also showing about 100degrees in the ign position. Is it possible the grounds are incorrectly connected. Ive joined them to the battery tray support. There are two of them coming from both looms. It also wont turn over. Lke the starter is disconnected. Lights and everthing else works

All ive done is dosconnect these wires. Pulled the gearbox out changed the clutch and replaced everything and joined the wires up accordingly. Bloody frustrating.

Cam

welshpug

is it a 1.9 or 2.0 Mi16?

pug_ham

This topic might help.

is it a 1.9 or 2.0 Mi16?

As they are talking about the ICV I'd hazard a guess its a 1.9 Mi16.

mi16wiringdiave0.th.jpg

The above picture was saved on my pc as 405 Mi16 wiring but it doesn't look exactly right to me due to the catalyst models only although the rest of the info on there seems right from a few items I checked.

Graham.

Alan_M

Is your crank sensor plugged in? That has a black connector and is on top of the gearbox.

pug_ham

How many pins are in the grey connector?

Is it possible the grounds are incorrectly connected.

Yes.

Ive joined them to the battery tray support. There are two of them coming from both looms. It also wont turn over. Lke the starter is disconnected. Lights and everthing else works

The earths should be connected to the earth stud on the gearbox, this could explain very well why it isn't starting & why your guages are indicating after a few seconds etc because the engine isn't earthed so it is earthing through the guages etc.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this