• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
benlilly

Citroen Zx 1.4i Woes

benlilly

Hia,

Having a nightmare with my ZX. The immobiliser seems to randomly dissable the fuel pump. Sometimes when I'm driving, but more often when I try to start it. Well at least I think its the immobiliser.

Fuel isn't getting through as I have disconnected the feed and return at the injector rail when having starting trouble and turned it over.

Anyone any experience on these cars?

I'd be happy to disable the immobiliser, can't really see anyone wanting to pinch it.

Anthony

Sure its not a dodgy fuel pump relay?

Don't know about the immobiliser on a 1.4 ZX in particular, but most immobilisers built into the ECU (which I'm assuming that is) tend to disable spark/injection in my experience

benlilly

Thanks, Anthony. I'll try and locate the relay and check it.

Yeah, I'm sure my immobiliser disables spark, but a few people I have spoken to locally have mentioned that it may also disable the fuel. I'll check anything as it's driving me (excuse the pun) crazy. You never know when it's going to cut out.

benlilly

I could always scrap it, and then the search for some ZX radius arms for my new beam would be over! :)

welshpug

Immobiliser on these would cut the ecu, not just spark/fuel. (unless it has a distributor)

relay should be clipped to the front of the engine bay fusebox if its the brown double type.

Edited by welshpug

benlilly

Thanks Welshpug.

Thinking about it, I get spark when it wont start, but no fuel.

If the immobiliser dissables the ECU then spark and fuel would be cut.

I'll check the relay.

Cheers for the help guys.

welshpug

check the Inertia switch if it has one, fairly easy to bypass if it does, one more thing to eliminate from the circuit.

benlilly
check the Inertia switch if it has one, fairly easy to bypass if it does, one more thing to eliminate from the circuit.

What is this?

welshpug

big red button in the engine bay on the left hand strut, might not have one depending on the age of the car.

it cuts power to the fuel pump in the event of an impact.

benlilly
big red button in the engine bay on the left hand strut, might not have one depending on the age of the car.

it cuts power to the fuel pump in the event of an impact.

I have a big (about 30mm dia) black rubber covered button on the left hand inner wing as you look at the car. Must be this. I'll bypass it.

Thanks!

Sign in to follow this