• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mmt

Fueltank 205

mmt

Does all 205 fueltanks have the same mountingpoints?

My 205 1.9 Gti fueltank is destroyed and I can only get another tank from a 205 1.4. The 1.4 can´t hold the same amount of fuel but that does not matter as the car is for track use only. But does it fit on my car???

Thanks

/Martin

welshpug

yes it will fit, though it may not have a baffle like the gti does.

all 205 fuel tanks are the same size @ 50 ltrs.

mmt

Thanks, just what I wanted to hear:-)

/Martin

steve@cornwall
Thanks, just what I wanted to hear:-)

/Martin

Will the 1.4 tank have the mountings for the fuel pump and provision for a fuel return ? - not trying to be negative - I actually would like to know :)

welshpug

the return on the injected engine is via the fuel pump assembly, so when swapping tanks there's no additional work required, if you were to fit injection to a non injected car you'd need the return pipe and injection pump.

the 1.4 will have a swirl pot/pickup thing where the pump unit would sit in an injected 205 so you just swap these over.

steve@cornwall

Sorry ti hijack - :) So a change from a carbed 205 to injection engine just requires removal of swirlpot, direct replacement with injection pump , and addition of injection return pipes from rail to pump? ( :) this would mean one less ballache for something planned :) )

Jrod

How do you remove the pump bit from a base model tank then?

I didn't think you could? :)

GTI6BOY

i just went from a carbed 1.4 rallye tank and had to use a gti tank as it does not have a hole for the pump

Miles

Just to confirm the above, The std tank's do not have the hole for the fuel pump, Maybe the late CAT version's may do but otherwise it's a GTi tank,

If you;ve got Carb's thou it's fine to use.

Have you done this mod WP?

steve@cornwall
Just to confirm the above, The std tank's do not have the hole for the fuel pump, Maybe the late CAT version's may do but otherwise it's a GTi tank,

If you;ve got Carb's thou it's fine to use.

Have you done this mod WP?

Nice one ! tanks guys, I'll be swapping tanks after all

Jrod
Nice one ! tanks guys

Omg, get out! <_<

steve@cornwall
Omg, get out! :wacko:

:blink::lol: :lol: I had to go back and check that one - crap keyboard, honest :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sign in to follow this