• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
daza

Oil Filler Cap

daza

I bought a new oil filler cap from gsf but it doesn't fit as snug as my old one and when i get home from work the filler cap has blown off :D .

Is that excessive crank pressure or is it normal for a little bit of pressure to come up the filler pipe?

daza

Surely someone has a view on this,i only need to know if there is something majorly wrong please.

BusEngineer

Had my cap from halfords, very snug fit and never had a problem, perhaps ur cap is duff

Alan_M

Is the rubber O-ring on the cap?

daza
Is the rubber O-ring on the cap?

Yes mate there is a seal but because it doesn't fit snug it seems to blow off,just wondering if i have a pressure problem somewhere or it's just a case of finding a way to make it fit tighter.

jackherer

Has the filler tube cracked perhaps?

guffe

Just quessing, but the new O-ring hasn't sucked any oil to itself yet and it is not yet swollen. Or you can have a breather pipe blocked some where and the crank chamber overpressure keeps popping the cap.

Edited by guffe

daza
Just quessing, but the new O-ring hasn't sucked any oil to itself yet and it is not yet swollen. Or you can have a breather pipe blocked some where and the crank chamber overpressure keeps popping the cap.

Didn't realise they swell up,but i will clean breathers tomorrow just in case. :)

Thanks.

Sign in to follow this