• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MrG

Oil Change + Others

MrG

I bought this 1.9 back in December for £450 and have managed to get it through its mot with few troubles. I decided that at this price I'd be doing everything I can myself, and so far its been good. I have taken it to 4 track days, driven it home again.

However this is another first, despite doing all the brakes, rear beam, exhaust, inlet manifold (soon to be a set of webers!) & interior, I've just done my first ever oil change on this 87 1.9GTi. Don't laugh but for some reason I've always steared clear of doing them?

Anyways I have seen a big improvement in oil pressure according to the obviously infalable dash gauge! Revs cleaner to, the oil that was in it must have been the wrong grade.

So this is a thanks for those that have posted on here regards oil types and the like, as without all that I'd probably not be doing what I've done & have put in what I would have thought to be best.

Big up for the forum I say.

Sign in to follow this