• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
marsy

Brake Lights Playing Up

marsy

Hi Guys,

When my foots on the brake pedal, my brake lights lately have decided to come on when they please. (both sides are either on as they should be, or not on at all).

I noticed last night as i was checking everything for the MOT the next day (Today).

So just now i get the news its failed for n/s and o/s brake lights not working and o/s rear brake pad needs changing.

Has anyone had this problem? Can anyone point me in the right direction of were to start looking. Thanks

dch1950
Hi Guys,

When my foots on the brake pedal, my brake lights lately have decided to come on when they please. (both sides are either on as they should be, or not on at all).

I noticed last night as i was checking everything for the MOT the next day (Today).

So just now i get the news its failed for n/s and o/s brake lights not working and o/s rear brake pad needs changing.

Has anyone had this problem? Can anyone point me in the right direction of were to start looking. Thanks

Hi.

have a look at your brake light switch mounted at top of the brake pedal, this is adjustable and can come undone.

If it's ok look at the earth terminal block at at back LHS of boot.

regards

Dave

marsy

Thanks Dave, will check that out now.

MrG

in the past on other cars I've had this is a symptom of a bad earth

Sign in to follow this