• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
boombang

Carter 4070 Experiences? Mine Pours Out The Fuel!

boombang

The Carter 4070 is marketed as a 4psi pump that needs no regulator for use with carbs. Unfortunately that isn't the most accurate statement and it pisses fuel out of either of the carbs.

Checked and there is nothing wrong with the floats, float settings or needles - just that the pump just puts out too high a pressure.

Anyone used one of these with a regulator and found it hasn't caused any damage to it?

I would swap to a silver/redtop and regulator, but I have the pump already - just want to make sure as the pump won't pop with a reg on it.

If a reg is the way to go, what should I buy?

Other option is to ebay it (the battery connections on it are ridiculous push fit affair too) and buy a more standard setup.

Edited by boombang

mfield

Bit odd ?

I used 4070 pump and had no problems at all with my old setup, a few people went in it from here and might be willing to comfirm it wasn't pissing fuel out.

The code of 4070 is meant for 4.0 psi and 70 gph.

Prehaps its faulty ?

Im sure there are others on here that have used it with no problems either.

If you do come to sell it i might know someone interested if it's not broke :)

welshpug

70 GPH :)

Ebay it IMO, you need secure connections and reliability for a rally car, its as new so you'll get a decent price for it.

stats for redtop-

# Pressure (Psi): 6.0 - 7.25

# Flow (gallons/hour): 35

# Power Range(BHP): 200+

silvertop -

# Pressure (Psi): 5.0-6.0 PSI

# Flow (gallons/hour): 27

#Power Range (BHP) >200

Edited by welshpug

mfield
70 GPH :)

I know :P

It's a good pump for large capacity engines.

I've often wondered about the facet pumps and their flow rates, in regards to when the pressure is dropped with the use of a regulator does the flow rate also decrease by the same percentage ?

boombang

The exact reason why I wanted one of these pumps was from reports that regulators can cause a drop in flow rate.

It just so happened it came in a package with the carbs from someone on here - but it definately has too much pressure for the carbs.

At the moment I wouldn't know what to go for though, no idea on the fuel consumption for either everyday or flat out. Guess I want to have the capacity to flow enough to run the engine flat out endlessly plus say 10% just in case - but definately want to drop the pressure a lot!

Sign in to follow this