• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ethos

Couple Of Mi16 Loom Questions

Ethos

Hi guys,

I'm 95% done on the loom now! Just a couple of cables I'm a little unsure of....

1. The earth from the smaller brown multiplug, where does that go? It's fairly chunky.

2. Please see picture, the green cable is the rev and the other two are earths. Where do the earths connect to, they were connected together with a female spade but I removed that a moment ago? I have the M12A green wire from the smaller multiplug spare (which is on the same connector as the rev cable on the brown multiplug). Does it connect to that? :)

earthbit.jpg

This is all!

Thanks.

Ethos

After searching, it seems that the M? Earth cable from the smaller multiplug doesn't need connecting up. Can anyone confirm this? I know on Chris's MI16 he hasn't got it connected...but I know how much these looms can differ!

If so, that just leaves the M12A green cable from the multiplug and the cables in the picture sorted out.

:)

Edited by Ethos

returnofjim
After searching, it seems that the M? Earth cable from the smaller multiplug doesn't need connecting up. Can anyone confirm this?

Not needed, well not on the last 4 bx looms ive fitted anyway.

Ethos

Excellent, so that simply leaves M12A from the smaller multiplug and the two earths from the mi16 loom :)

Edited by Ethos

returnofjim
Excellent, so that simply leaves M12A from the smaller multiplug and the two earths from the mi16 loom ;)

Ive not got loads of experience with 405 looms as most of the mi16 engine ive had were from bx's. I would think the M12A wire from the multiplug probably isnt needed and the 2 earths on the mi16 loom should probably earth on the gearbox, do the earths on the mi loom have ring connectors on them?

Sign in to follow this