• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ethos

Battery, Alternator + Starter "loom"

Ethos

Hi guys,

Mi16 conversion is coming together nicely now and upon looking at my original "power" loom I can see where my battery drain was coming from;

fried.jpg

The over all condition isn't all that great and the actual battery connectors are crap. I was wondering if there is a replacement loom for this.... or how hard it would be to make up a fresh one.

Apart from the alternator ring the cable itself isn't in bad condition but the connectors are a bit crap and I'm guessing if I trim and recrimp with new ones the length won't be good enough.

positivewhat.jpg

negativewhat.jpg

M@tt

the ?????? on the bottom pic is where you earth it to the gearbox :rolleyes:

Ethos

Ah, I really don't remember taking it off the gearbox- damn my memory is bad.

Thanks bud :rolleyes:

jackherer

You can use either of the two ring connectors on the shunt box.

gti-si

Ethos, I was in the same situation with my GTi6 conversion. I went to halfords and bought up some battery leads, they do 3 way ones with ring terminals, then connect them up to one of there battery terminal clamps and the jobs a good un

Edit: You need to get a 3 way and then another to go from the clamp to the shunt box, or atleast that's what I did. Alternator - Starter - Battery terminal clamp (bolt ring on) then one from the Battery terminal to the shunt box on your slam panel, as stated, left or right

Edited by gti-si

Grim.Badger

I just got a clean one from a newish 306 :(

Sign in to follow this