• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M@tt

New Speedo Cable For Gti6 Conversion

M@tt

I noticed that the speedo cable on my 205 is very close to the exhaust manifold and a bit tight as it snakes around it to the speedo drive in the top of the diff. Looking on gsf and service box there seems to be 2 listed (900mm and a 1100mm), does anyone know which one a standard 1.9 gti cable would be as i'm thinking of getting a longer one. If its 900mm then i can get a 1100mm but if its a 1100 then you can get a compatible 1200mm one from a 405.

Ideally i just want to phone motor factors up this afternoon and get them to get one in for me but i've got no way of checking what my current one is and haven't got time tonight to take my current one out.

Cheers

welshpug

it should be 1100, 900 is for LHD, a 405 cable fits quite nicely.

M@tt

nice one WP :) right shall get one of them ordered then

welshpug

yeah, I got a 900mm one from GSF when I bought the car and it wouldn't fit DOH!

M@tt

right can anyone definitely confirm that the 405 cable fits the back of the 205 clocks, i've just phoned GSF and they've said they have 2 cables listed for 405 ones 900mm and ones 1070mm, neither 1200mm! but their website states only 1 listed and its the same partnumber as the longer 205 one so thats weird and neither of those is any good!

The peugeot part for a 405 1200mm is 6123.96 but is a special order so it needs to be right as they won't accept it back.

cheers

Matt

Edited by M@tt

gti-si

It is defiantly the same fit yeah

Sign in to follow this