• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
T3k

Race Engine Advise

T3k

Not posted on here for some time (seeing as i sold my Mi twin 45'd 205 a couple of years ago) but i need some advise and wondered if any of you guys knew much about 2 strokes.

I now race a Formula 1X hovercraft in the british championships. The only limitation on the class is that the thrust engine must be air cooled, and it muct be no larger than 500cc, 2 stroke or 750cc 4 stroke. Straight away, 2 stroke is the way forward due to weight. I currently run a Rotax 503 twin cylinder engine made for microlight use, which is built for reliability and only produces 49 BHP factory. I am looking for an alternative, maybe a MotoX engine, up to 500cc that will replace the one i am using currently. I am looking for aroung 80BHP to give me a bit of an edge, but any advance on 49 would be a bonus. All suggestions and advise gratefully accepted. Thanks is advance.

post-215-1214167179_thumb.jpg

T3k

Dont beleive i spelt advice wrong, what a spanner! but still.... noone got anything to throw in??

swordfish210

Hi, back when i used to race motorcrossers i think i remember the Kawazaki KX500 being the quickest thing down the straights, pissing all over the other 500's. Might be something to look in to

Doof

Blast from the past! Hello mate, sorry i didn't get back to you about that race a while back, totally slipped my mind!

Things alright? how you doing in the world of hovercrafts? is there a leaderboard or something we can check out?

T3k

http://www.hovercraft.org.uk/results-08/seasontables.htm is the national standings,

http://www.hovercraft.org.uk/inlandresults...results08.shtml is the individual race meet results

I'm team nationwide F1X (number 30) (currently 4th in the nationals, of the 3 above me, 2 have more than 3 times my power) , and F503 (118) up to now, but leaving F503 to my brother in law from now as he just qualified. We got 3 craft now, my dad runs number 18 a 180BHP formula 1 craft ;)

makes my 50bhp F1X look v slow :o

Doing well mate, but need just a touch more power... hence this post :D check ur email!!!

Edited by T3k

Sign in to follow this