• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
john-melbourne

Bouncing Rev Counter

john-melbourne

Hi Guys,

My mate has been trying to get my rev counter working today, he has finally got it moving but it will bounce when revved but then dies? Anyone else had this trouble or can offer a suggestion?

John

dirtdog

it bounces when revd? mine bounces on its own. lol. it looks like im tapping the throttle when its idling sometimes. other times it refuses to work at all. and sometimes it works just fine... i have no idea but it would be nice to know <_<

Para
Hi Guys,

My mate has been trying to get my rev counter working today, he has finally got it moving but it will bounce when revved but then dies? Anyone else had this trouble or can offer a suggestion?

John

I have exactly the same problem

DamirGTI

If the tachometer needle drops or bounces the faulty may be the primary ignition :wacko: check all the wirings and connectors on the ignition system particularly on the coil and the ignition amp. ...

Rgs ! :lol:

Damir

Edited by DamirGTI

gerlewislewis

whilst on the topic of bouncy guages, my speedo bounces a little, is this just due to a loose connection/missing split pin? or something more sinister.... :blink:

sonofsam
whilst on the topic of bouncy guages, my speedo bounces a little, is this just due to a loose connection/missing split pin? or something more sinister.... :blink:

It's part of the 205 charm, or shall we call that - speedo cable routed over exhaust manifold, so it cooks all it's lube prematurely.

richard

I have something similar that occurs around the 4.5k rpm mark upwards, it will jump around a bit after this when taking it to around 6k,

doesnt do it if im smooth and gently take it to that level, but if i am to snatch a gear and hoof it thats when it happens.

Only thing i can think of thats changed on my car is the ignition amp. Maybe you have a damaged or dirty connection there?

Sign in to follow this