• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
S13Nick

205 Fans And Radiator.. Engine Conversion Help

S13Nick

Hello, i have been told that you cannot use the original 205 fans/cowling, and have to modify the radiator in some way so that they fit, could some one explain to me what i have to do, ive heard that u have to drop the radiator, and i have tried searching, just the fan bit that gets me

thanks

sonofsam

Depends where you fit an intercooler. The most popular way is to drop the radiator down and fit a Cosworth intercooler on top of the radiator,

so that the inlet and outlet of said intercooler are quite close to where they connect upto the engine boost pipes/throttle body

I did not have to do this though, as my intercooler is infront of the radiator behind the bumper/valance low down and I ran the pipes accordingly.

Try searching "dropping the radiator" or " cossie intercooler" and should find some decent images to work from if you choose that root,

however their are so many shapes and sizes and configurations of intercooler pipework/inlet/outlet etc that you dont have to drop the rad at all!

S13Nick

my intercooler is going in front of the bumper....... like so

524606-2.jpg

but i don't see why i cant use the original fans?????

sonofsam
my intercooler is going in front of the bumper....... like so

524606-2.jpg

but i don't see why i cant use the original fans?????

You may get away with it then depending on how thick the 'cooler is, best would be to try and dry fit everything up and see where you stand from there.

I can tell you though you will have to run lots of pipework to get down to the inlet /outlet of a 'cooler like that. Have a look at the first couple of pages

of my project thread and you will see!

Sign in to follow this