• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rory182

Random Nuts In Drain

rory182

I was washing my 205 gti earlier for the first time in a while, it's been a little neglected sadly since buying a flat a few months ago.

I noticed a rattle in the bottom of the nearside A-pillar drain (behind the wheel arch) as I wiped the sponge past it.

Ended up pulling out a reasonably clean M6 nut and also a rusty fairly old battered M8 nut, no signs of bolts shearing so I'm a bit confused as to what these might be?

I guess they could have fallen in when the bonnets been up or they might have vibrated loose in running the car, where might they be from?

Potentially come from the top of the a-pillar or anywhere in between?

Baz

Often they're dropped down under the cowling when working on the car, and they re-appear sometime down there! :)

Jrod

We found a side repeater in that gap on one, what a bastard to get out.

jackherer
We found a side repeater in that gap on one, what a bastard to get out.

I found side repeaters in that space on both sides of a mates 205 that were plugged in and working! The previous owner had fitted new wings at some point and used early style ones with no hole for the repeaters. We didn't think much of it and it passed a couple of MOTs but then a tester noticed and failed it which is when I noticed them flashing away inside the bodywork.

Sign in to follow this