• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  

Engine Hoist Slings

Right, my engine's coming out this weekend, with any luck. I've hired a hoist from a local tool hire place but they say they don't supply slings (some sort of safety reason apparently).

What is best to use as slings OR is it best to buy some proper slings and if so where from? Do Halfrauds do them?

Thanks

Pete

daza4

Send me a PM and we might be able to arrange something. I have a chain with some bolts that I use and seeing as I live near wootton bassett the other side of the M4 to you then will certainly save you some cash.

Daza

M@tt

an old seat belt does the job perfectly as does any high strength rope like a tow rope.

nick

The little ratchet straps from Machine Mart are also good, about a fiver each, adjustable, and have quarter ton SWL.

Nick

Thanks for the suggestions.

Daza - PMed you.

jeremy

I used nylon rope doubled. Available at B&Q etc.

kate205gti

have always used tow ropes or seat belts - even with the fully load 6 engine - and no issues so far :)

Phil H

Another vote for seabelts. Free from the scrappy.

Fox

I've just got a pair of tow ropes, having one in each lifting eye helps to lift/lower wich side of the engine if you need to. And they have nice little hooks on the ends

Mikey S

an old cambelt does the job just fine.

Cameron

I didn't know what I was dealing with the first time so I went complete overkill and bought some 8mm diameter steel chain. :rolleyes: Use 4 exhaust clamps to attach to lift eyes and load leveller. Still, has served me well.

Sign in to follow this