• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Grim.Badger

A Couple Of Wiring/sensor Questions

Grim.Badger

I've been trying to figure out why my reverse light doesn't work, I have ruled out the lamp and the wiring that connects the rear cluster to the lamp as well as all of the fuses, this leaves the rest of the wiring in the car and the sensor itself; do these sensors wear out?

Also whilst I was messing around with the fusebox trying to find a broken wire which might explain the above I managed to break something and now the rev counter doesn't work; where are the wires for this in the fusebox so that I can check them? Also what numbers and colours are they?

Cheers :(

Mikey S
I've been trying to figure out why my reverse light doesn't work, I have ruled out the lamp and the wiring that connects the rear cluster to the lamp as well as all of the fuses, this leaves the rest of the wiring in the car and the sensor itself; do these sensors wear out?

Also whilst I was messing around with the fusebox trying to find a broken wire which might explain the above I managed to break something and now the rev counter doesn't work; where are the wires for this in the fusebox so that I can check them? Also what numbers and colours are they?

Cheers :(

pull the connector off the reverse light switch and bridge the terminals together with the igntion switch on second postion. its the switch at fault if the reverse light is working with the terminals bridged. if not then i would check you have a live available at the switch itself.

cant help with the rev counter wiring as i havnt got a wiring diagram to hand. :)

mike

Grim.Badger

Cheers, I will give that a go :)

Someone has made a bit of a mess with the wiring and I was trying to trace a thin red wire that had been soldered and has some wierd black box on it and I must have dislodged the rev counter wire (unless its the thin red wire :D ). The thin red wire is in a connector with a thick blue wire, a purple wire and a brown wire iirc.

Grim.Badger

Even though I found out that one of the wires had pulled out of the bosch plug it still doesn't work, even if you short the wires :)

Where do I check for a live?

Sign in to follow this