• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kate205gti

Advice Needed

kate205gti

ive been talking to a friend who has recently bought a high spec 205, but unfortunately the engine has just seized

the sump plug came lose and it dropped its oil, it only ran for about 2 or 3 mins but he thought it was the alternator as the light came on so didnt stop immediately (he thought he needed to get home before the battery gave up :))

it cut out and coasted to his drive but now the engine is seized after putting oil back in it, he took the cam cover off and it wasn't perfect but looked okay, a little bit of scoring on the cam but its got bigger JE pistons so not sure if these would be damaged?

hes asking what the best thing to do is - whether to try and repair it or strip the car for pars, any advice please? :blink:

this is the piston heads advert:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/484405.htm

the car started life as a 205 xs 1.4

everything is now 1.9gti spec

the crank and flywheel are lightened and balanced

it has been bored out to 2.1 with new liners and forged pistons

the head is ported and polished to stage 5 spec with the biggest valves possible

it has a piper 285 cam and vernier pully

twin webber 45's recently balanced

custom ratio strengthened gearbox

helix 4paddle race clutch

quickshift

full stainless steel exhaust and manifold by magnex

polished header tanks etc

samco hoses

1.9 front and rear disc conversion

black diamond front and rear discs

ebc pads

goodridge braided brake hoses

spax shocks and springs 40mm

pro race 1.2 wheels - brand new

sparco bucket seats

sparco harnesses

sparco steering wheel

oil pressure and temp gauges

pioneer cd player

jbl component speakers

pug performance side skirts

auto bonnet

single wiper

de-locked smooth boot

re-spray couple years ago

Edited by kate205gti

daza4

Easiest thin to do is to remove the sump and try and remove one of the shells on the con rods and see if you can see any damage there.

otherwise engine out and full strip down. :)

Dj_mini

Bit off topic but is this the one that am autotec built from durington?

Stu

I think he should break it... :(

CaptainK

Get the engine out and strip it. Check all the parts for damage and if any of the decent bits are salvageable then either reuse or sell them.

Sounds like a nice spec engine though, so might be worth having a word with the likes of QEP to see what they make of rebuilding the engine.

I'm currently in the process of having my GTi6 engine rebuilt after it died shortly after installation, so can understand the pain of an engine that dies quickly after purchase. :)

Finally, give your mate a slap and remind him that warning lights are there for a reason. :D

Baz
Bit off topic but is this the one that am autotec built from durington?

I believe so...

28CRAIG

My friend had the same thing with his 2.3 cosworth st fiesta a few weeks back that is all getting stripped down for a rebuild i guess thats all you can do it take it all apart and see whats damaged.

Sign in to follow this