• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Fox

Remote Central Locking

Fox

I presume my car had a remote for locking the doors, but sadly, I dont have it. It has the little magic eye near the interior light.

Can I order a new on from peugeot, or will they laugh / want a million pounds?

miamichris

you know, I was going to ask this same question because mine does'nt have a remote key fob either!! :) it has electric windows etc. and the eye thing you mentioned so i assume there must have been remote central locking too..havent got to that part in the project yet but would be nice to know for next year when I get round to this! :blink:

Baz

If you take apart the roof console and get the receiver pcb unit out, and it still has it's code number intact on a little tag then i believe you can order a keypad to go with it.

Ryan

If you give Peugeot the code from the receiver then I new fob was about £80 last time I checked. :)

Your best bet is finding one second hand, although you need the receiver to go with it as well, as they are a matched pair and you can't reprogram the fobs to work with a different receiver.

Fox

Cheers guys, there is one on ebay for £15 at the moment, and i've been offered one on here!

miamichris

theyre the same one matey :(

Fox

I've been thinking about this today, and it seems the standard 'infa-red' remote is fairly poor, I had this set up on an old fiesta and you had to be at the window to get it to work anyway.

Would it be better, and almost as cheap to get a aftermarket RF remote kit?

miamichris

was thinking this myself Fox..maybe somewhere like Maplin electronics would have a kit, theres one near GSF over here so might call in when im going there this week and investigate..they foned this morning to say my next consignment of parts was ready for collection! :) mines 1990 so I may not even have had remote locking in the first place! can't check the car until the weekend. If thats the case, I'd like to install it if I could..thats a nice car you have, gotta love the miami's!! :(

Ethos

I remember ringing up Peugeot on this and they said they wouldn't make them anymore for the 205 as they didn't keep records back that far... even if I gave them the number?

Not sure if he was just trying to fob me off though.

Ryan

Probably. They were still available when I asked about 6 months ago.

number2301
I've been thinking about this today, and it seems the standard 'infa-red' remote is fairly poor, I had this set up on an old fiesta and you had to be at the window to get it to work anyway.

Would it be better, and almost as cheap to get a aftermarket RF remote kit?

Yeah the standard stuff is rubbish, even the (presumably newer version) on the 106s isn't worth bothering with.

Para

I have central locking on the KEY, and I would like to have one on remote. How can I check does the car ever had one and can I get an oryginal remote from Peugeot and fit it to non oryginal receiver ?

picture201he6.th.png

Edited by Para

4evernewbie

With regards to the IR ones being s*ite, I agree that they don't do a Mercedes esque 60ft away unlock, but once you have the knack of putting the key near the lock pin and point it up towards the interior light area, it does save a LOT of time and pissing about trying to find the keyhole in the dark, feeling for it and eventually scrathching the door 'cos it's pitch black.

My 2p worth.

Paul.

Para

Im going to Peugeot today to ask few questions about that central locking thing. Where can I found that transmitter/receiver with the code number on it ??

Baz
With regards to the IR ones being s*ite, I agree that they don't do a Mercedes esque 60ft away unlock, but once you have the knack of putting the key near the lock pin and point it up towards the interior light area, it does save a LOT of time and pissing about trying to find the keyhole in the dark, feeling for it and eventually scrathching the door 'cos it's pitch black.

My 2p worth.

Paul.

I have to agree, since having one that works fairly well on my K plate that i use fairly often, i'm lost without it when i use any of the other 205s tbh!!

Baz
Im going to Peugeot today to ask few questions about that central locking thing. Where can I found that transmitter/receiver with the code number on it ??

Ph2's only, '90>. In the roof console, just forward of the interior light, if there isn't a little dome shaped IR receiver, then you don't have the capability for it in the car.

Para

Ok i have that little dome shaped IR receiver but i've decided to get completly new alarm system with new remote. Is there any chances to get somewhere on ebay a remote with Peugeot logo on it ???

johnnyboy666
they don't do a Mercedes esque 60ft away unlock

My 2p worth.

Paul.

just leave it unlocked! save the hassle of pressing a button :(

dirtdog
Yeah the standard stuff is rubbish, even the (presumably newer version) on the 106s isn't worth bothering with.

i wonderd why mine didnt work :rolleyes:

cheap peice of plastic tat!

Sign in to follow this