• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest jimbob205

Fumes

Guest jimbob205

Hi

my 1.6 gti stinks of fuel esp when driving hard or in reverse

ive got a power boost valve on my car at the minute and i think it may need setting up anybody know how too do this?? i want too get rid of the powerboost valve but have been advised to keep it as it helps with idling issues etc....

the car does seam surprisingly quick but that may just be me

anybody any ideas on why it stinks of fuel?... oh and it averages around 40-50 miles too ten pounds worth of v-power fuel if that just seams too dissapear and thats not driving hard either....

engines completely standard (as far as i know) bar back box and fse regulator

ive also noticed that it wont start straight away on the turn of the key like it used too do all of the time it ocassinally struggles then eventually fires...

any help appreciated

if this has been covered before i couldnt find it! sorry!

TEKNOPUG

Remove power-boost valve nonsense.

All it does is fool the engine into thinking it's colder than it is, and therefore chucks more fuel in. Hence your MPG......

As for the smell, they all reek of petrol, every single one I have ever been in.

It's part of their charm.....

pike_1.9cti

Lift the rear seats and under the flap of carpet behind the drivers seat is where you can get at the fuel pump. Check the black cap is sat in tight as might didn't go back properly once and made the car stink. Ben

Guest jimbob205

Thankyou for the fast replys mines not got back seats soo ill go have a ganders in a mo....

as for the powerbosst thingy ill probably rip it off later this week i just need a replacement standard valve

Sign in to follow this