• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Grim.Badger

Rear Speaker Wires

Grim.Badger

Does anyone know what numbers the rear speaker wires are at the boot end of the car?

Also although I think I've found the passenger side ones I'm not sure where I can get the driver side ones, do I have to take the trim apart to find them?

Cheers :o

jeremy

If they are not behind the grills which can just be pooped out then they have either been removed or never put in. It might be worth checking behind your stereo to see if the wires are there too. Assuming you are goung to be using non Pug speakers you will need to cut the speaker plugs off anyway so I just use either one as the earth and mark them up accordingly.

Grim.Badger

I do have the wires at the back of the stereo but I can't find anything remotely looking like a speaker wire in the back of the car; I presume they stop somewhere in the dash and I'm not taking that apart to find them so it looks like I will have to fit wires of my own :blush:

Rich_p

I cut them out as I wasn't planning on ever having a stereo again!

Grim.Badger
I cut them out as I wasn't planning on ever having a stereo again!

git :) any idea how far back you cut them?

jackherer

If you have to add most of the wiring anyway just run it from the back of the HU, then you aren't using any of the crappy 20 year old wiring.

Rich_p
git :( any idea how far back you cut them?

I can't remember exactly, either back to the stereo block or under the carpet where the wiring loom splits about halfway back in the car.

Sign in to follow this