• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205gt-ty

Battery Light

205gt-ty

Driving today and my battery light keeps flashing on, as well as stereo cutting out if I indicate or turn fans on or lights on.

Other than this the car seems to start and be driving fine and I have not changed anything on it recently.

Is this likely to be the battery on it's way out or a more comlicated electrical fault.

Simon

projectpug

Things to check,

Battery terminals

Alternator is charging the battery (possible dud alternator) , multimeter across the terminals should read around 14.4v when revved.

Also check the tension of the alternator belt if slack will slip and not charge the battery sufficiently.

It will be somethhing to do with what i have mentioned above :)

Let us know how you get on

Phil

205gt-ty

Cheers Phil will try and check tomorrow or day after and stick to driving wifes 207 till i have time

Simon

205gt-ty

recharged battery topped up water while it was out as well. checked voltage which was high 17.4 V fitted to car ran car turned everything on and ran for 10 minutes monitoring voltage after 10 minutes it was down to 10 V suggesting alternator had no output. Carried out continuity check of all cables which was ok. So off to start pricing up a alternator today.

205gt-ty

alternator changed fault fixed happy again

Sign in to follow this