• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Grim.Badger

Fog Light Mystery

Grim.Badger

I spent the weekend sorting out a mess of a P2 light conversion on my P1.5 and initially couldn't get the fog light to work; I solved this by fitting a spare fog light, I checked that it all worked before putting it all back together but when I checked that it still worked after putting it back together I pressed the fog light switch and it lit for a second then blinked out and now the fog light doesn't work again.

I have checked the bulb and that isn't the problem and I have tried another known working switch and that doesn't work either.

The odd thing is that now when I press the fog light switch it goes from the pale backlight to nothing rather than getting brighter :lol: I also don't get a click from the relay but to be honest I can't remember if there ever was one :)

Edited by Grim.Badger

welshpug

probably the switch, especially if it does as you said.

mine did this before the last MOT and I got annoyed and repeatedly jabbed the button, it worked and still does now :lol:

Grim.Badger

I'm fairly certain its not the switch as I have tried another one and it still doesn't work.

Come on, someone must have blown a relay before and be able to tell me if that's what I've done :blink:

Roman

do you check the ground vire??( because fog light case is plastic and you need solid ground) i have that kind prob too... and sort with extra ground vire from chasis to fog light.

Grim.Badger

I have double checked the ground, but I suppose it's worth checking again.

I may try another left side rear cluster as well as that may be faulty :blink:

pug_ham

Could be an easy one, have you blown the fuse? (#1 10 amps)

I don't think there is a relay for the fog light.

What condition are the connectors at the back of the foglight in?

Also you haven't broken a wire fitting the loom in have you?

I've seen them in a very green corroded state which worked occasionaly but never when you needed them to.

Graham.

Grim.Badger

Found out last night I had broken the orange wire and shorted out the fuse :) That'll teach me to check ALL the fuses rather than just the one I think controls the fog light :D

Sign in to follow this