• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jorg

Seat Belt Problems

jorg

Hi, this is my first post so be kind. I am trying to get my 205 ready for its MOT early next week but I am having problems re-installing the drivers seat belt. When i got her in April she had been stripped to just the drivers seat as the bloke was going to track her but had to give it up. I managed to get a drivers side seat belt but i can not for the life of me work out how to get the dam thing to unlock. I have done a search and someone said to "put the seat belt in its upright position and pull it gently" but I still can't get it to work ;)

Does anyone have any ideas or tips to help me out? Really starting to do my head in now :rolleyes:

Cheers

jorg

Paintguy

Are you certain that it's a drivers side belt that you've fitted?

They do fit at a bit of an angle, so if you've fitted a passenger side one on the drivers side (not sure if that's actually possible), it'll be at completely the wrong angle for the inertia locking system, so won't unlock.

Just a thought to get the ball rolling:)

steve@cornwall

Before fitting the belt, look at the back of the reel. one one side you will be able to see coloured plastic components (so far I've come across white, yellow, green, orange). This is the device that locks according to angle. Carefully remove the black cover from the reel. (push the centres from the clips to release) You will see a toothed wheel and a plastic pawl that locks it, controlled by a ball bearing.

Disengage the pawl and, holding it dis-engaged, allow the belt to retract a little. you will now be able to pull the belt free and re-assemble the casing. Wedge it with something to stop it retracting while you fit it.

jorg
Before fitting the belt, look at the back of the reel. one one side you will be able to see coloured plastic components (so far I've come across white, yellow, green, orange). This is the device that locks according to angle. Carefully remove the black cover from the reel. (push the centres from the clips to release) You will see a toothed wheel and a plastic pawl that locks it, controlled by a ball bearing.

Disengage the pawl and, holding it dis-engaged, allow the belt to retract a little. you will now be able to pull the belt free and re-assemble the casing. Wedge it with something to stop it retracting while you fit it.

just had a little practice on the passenger side belt and it worked a treat :rolleyes:

thanks for the replies guys

Sign in to follow this