• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
boldy205

Drive Shaft Boots

boldy205

Hi, i need some driveshaft boot clips for my 1.9 gti shafts. the boots themselves are in good condition. I have only seen them for sale with the boots. does anyone know if/ where they are available please?? Im thinking kit car type places??

Thanks

Matt.

welshpug

a Sturdy cable tie is as good as anything if you're stuck, many cheaper kits come with cable ties anyway, never had a problem with any boots I've fitted with cable ties either :angry:

Chris H

Stainless steel cable ties from Screwfix are perfect for the job and are exactly the same as used on WRC rally cars!

boldy205

i would prefer not to use zip ties, but stainless ones, i like it!!

jord294

they're more or less the same. but i use the metal clips used for fastening exhaust wrap

classed as 'locking ties', i bought 4 x 14" long @ £10.29, or 8 x 8" @ £15.92, from 'demon-tweeks'

or you could go for 'snap-straps'. the cheapest of them is 6 x 18" @ £20.75

both types are stainless steel

Edited by jord294

swordfish210
i would prefer not to use zip ties

Why? I'v used cable ties on all of the driveshafts that i'v done and i'v never had a leakage problem with any of them.

boldy205

thats all good thanks, i have tried cable ties and also managed to get some ties from the dealer but they seemed to leak on the last track day for some reason.

Sign in to follow this