• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
timmsy19

Long Shot...............

timmsy19

i know this is a long shot but hope someone may be able to help

my alarm system is a laserline 996 which was fitted to the car when i got it. all worked fine and sweet.

was tidying up some cables in the engine bay last weekend and all was going well. went out on thursday to start the car but wouldnt start. so im looking around for problems and come across a cable which seems to have come away from the loom somehow.

like i say i cant seem to see where its come away from as there is no cables been cut or taped up in the first 2 foot of cabling. the little white cable has to be connected to the battery for the engine to start

anyone know where this would go? or have any ideas what i can do to get around this?

thanks

Goliath

Does it need to be connected to the positive or negative? as if it was negative then you could just earth it, but you have probably already thought of that...!

timmsy19

its the positive one. which means that without this one cabel the enigne wont respond to anything

im thinking i just ditch the imobaliser(*spelling*) anyhow but i have no clue which wires need joining with what under the dash. plus this operates all my central locking and alarm

Goliath

I didnt think it would be as easy as being the negative :) So ideally you need to find a positive cable near that side of the engine that has power all the time, I think if you attached it to the positive on the alternator that would work and i cant see it giving you any problems. as long as the cable reaches.

Its probably best not to ditch an immobiliser if at all possible for obvious reasons!

timmsy19

yeah thats worst case senario.

the cable is connected to the battery just not the alarm and i cant see for the life of me where it connects to :lol:

davepug205

HI

I have the 996 wired into my loom which was all working fine, unfortunatly the whole loom is now in a box like everything else :)

But from memory there was a white wire going to the starter or maybe alternater which was part of the imobiliser. I still have the user booklet somewhere in the service history if you have no look it might say something in there.

dave

welshpug

best get it back to a laserline Agent as theyll be able to sort it without any bother at all, how old is it and has it had its yearly service? they have lifetime warranties but only if serviced yearly.

got a Laserline 291 on mine and apart from a loose earth (my fault! :) ) its been fine.

timmsy19
HI

I have the 996 wired into my loom which was all working fine, unfortunatly the whole loom is now in a box like everything else :blush:

But from memory there was a white wire going to the starter or maybe alternater which was part of the imobiliser. I still have the user booklet somewhere in the service history if you have no look it might say something in there.

dave

Dave that sounds like this wire but mine went straight to the battery for constant power. any chance you can find out where abouts on the 996 box or loom this is so i can reconnect it

thanks

best get it back to a laserline Agent as theyll be able to sort it without any bother at all, how old is it and has it had its yearly service? they have lifetime warranties but only if serviced yearly.

got a Laserline 291 on mine and apart from a loose earth (my fault! :blush: ) its been fine.

not sure how old the system is as i have no paper work and i doubt its had a service in a long time as its not been on the road in 2 years :(

if i get this cable sorted it will all be fine

just need to know where the damn thing connects to without stripping my whole wiring loom

kyepan
Dave that sounds like this wire but mine went straight to the battery for constant power. any chance you can find out where abouts on the 996 box or loom this is so i can reconnect it

thanks

not sure how old the system is as i have no paper work and i doubt its had a service in a long time as its not been on the road in 2 years :blush:

if i get this cable sorted it will all be fine

just need to know where the damn thing connects to without stripping my whole wiring loom

if you really get stuck and need somone to fix, a good independant alarm fitter should be able to figure it out. there is one local to me that i trust if you cannot find one.

davepug205

thanks

Hi I will have a look tomorrow when I go up as its in my garage about a mile away.

So you need to know where what wire connects to on the system ie which box, or where the end thats on the battry should go to ie starter? :wacko::lol:

thanks

timmsy19

need to know where that wire goes on the alarm system.

or what might be better is a diagram of the perminant live fro mthe alarm box

thanks again

Edited by timmsy19

Sign in to follow this