• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Coonper

Stripped Interior

Coonper

Does stripping out the car really make much difference to the handling and to the speed?

Or is it just a marginal performance gain?

Surely its good to have weight over the wheels for handling purposes...

max0
Does stripping out the car really make much difference to the handling and to the speed?

I guess it depends on the weight of your girl friend :wacko::D:lol:

Edited by max0

number2301

For a road car? Not really, its a right arse on with no where to store anything and only two seats. I like being able to use my car without worrying about where I'm going to put things!

Batfink

you have to lay the rear seats down for extra performance...

Goliath

I stripped out the interior of a road going 205 and tbh it didnt make any noticeable difference performance wise. Infact the only thing i noticed was that it was very noisey and the back end felt too light. I know in reality it was only marginally lighter but it just felt a lot lighter. but I dont live in reality!

I really wouldnt bother.

Edited by Goliath

number2301

I thought mine was noticeably lighter when pushing it than before it was stripped out, but noticeable to my .4hp or whatever and the engine's 130hp might be a very different thing.

brianthemagical

Just strip it out then add a load of ballast, or just add balast with the interior for even better handling.

The way tyres work and they produce grip is the answer to the weight thing. As more normal load is applied to the tyre, the grip will increase, but, the tyre then needs to resist that extra force during lateral acceleration. So if the relationship between the load and grip is linear then all is good, but it's exponential, so as the load increases by a set ratio, the grip doesn't.

Anton green

When I stripped the rear of my my 205 of carpets, rear seats and boot interior I did notice the change in handling. The rear of the car becomes more responsive. More responsive to bumps in the road, more responsive to LOO and correcting it, and the car generally feels more chuckable with a little less weight transfer at the back. Note my car is not standard and has lowered stiffenned suspension and other goodies which may have influenced the result.

AdamP

It depends how much you strip it tbh.

A lot of people seem to think that by removing the rear seats they have stripped the car and it will go faster. Only when you actually strip the whole of the interior out and only place back what you need do you realise exactly what stripping out involves.

Sign in to follow this