• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
timmsy19

Front Washer Bottle

timmsy19

Anyone have any ideas where to relocate my front washer bottle.

Actually is it even needed for an mot. You know what they say not fitted not tested and all that??

If people have moved it to somewhere else any pics?

GLPoomobile

Assuming you want access for the air filter, your options are as follows:

1 - Keep it in the normal location, but move it back a bit. If you modify the bit that the screw goes through to hold it to the strut turret, and play with the loom that runs along there, you can move the bottle back a bit. Doesn't sound like much but it does work.

2 - Move it to the drivers side inner wing (opposite of where it is now). It fits OK, and you just need to extend the wiring and tube, and decide how to fix it in place. I'd extend the wiring and run it through the tube that holds the loom under the radiator, and I'd also wrap the washer tube around the top radiator hose as it'll give you warm washer fluid. Handy on cold days :wacko:

3 - If you don't have a vac sunroof you can put it under the scuttle panel at the passenger side. You need to trim a little bit of the scuttle to allow access to the filler cap, but it works well.

4 - Use a rear washer bottle or bottle from another car (or one of the square universal fit ones like for kit cars and such) and just fit it wherever there is space in the bay. I've seen them around the bulkhead cable tied to strut braces, or to the brake lines etc, or in the back corner near the header tank.

timmsy19

yeah its so i have more room for the air filter.

i was thinking under the scuttle panel but not sure if i wanted to put hole everywhere but then i suppose a funnel with small hole would be fine.

good idea about the drivers side inner wing. never actually thought of that.

thanks

Rom

Ive used a 309 Gti rear washer bottle, they stand upright, there not that big, maybe 1-2 ltrs. I fixed mine next to the exspansion tank.

Mine had been moved to the drivers side when i got the car, but was never secured properly. Once i put my Mi in,things got tighter, now i relocated my fuel filter to the OSF wing so everything worked out well.

engine killer

I have the rear washer jet removed, so the front bottle is also removed and the rear bottle is now used for supplying water to the front. Have to run a long flexi pipe all the way from boot to engine bay.

Peetypug

there was a big discussion a while ago about this. It had loads of pics of different bottles in different places. iirc you can get a flexable "bag" type bottle that you can hang next to the expansion tank

Tom Fenton

I really don't understand why people fit all manner of gash contraptions shoe horned in here there and everywhere, when the standard item with the bracket removed, and positioned hard up against the suspension turret does the job perfectly. Its a 10 min job, no re-routing of pipes or cables required, and looks tidy when done. All that is required is to drill 2 holes and pop-rivet or screw the tank to the turret/inner wing.

GLPoomobile

Yeah, but half the fun is doing things differently Tom ;) And it doesn't have to be gash if you take the time to execute it properly.

I might still move the bottle from there to free up space. With an Mi the filter is just too cramped in that space. Even with the bottle moved back a little bit you will have more space for the filter but it's still not great IMO. I just don't like the idea of having the filter shoved in there and pressed up against the back of the headlight connector, rubbing on various bits of wiring, and then you have the battery and shunt box there too. I'd rather use an angled extension from the AFM and have the air filter where the washer bottle normally is. Then the filter isn't cramped, it's easy to remove and replace, it's not rubbing anything, and it's easy to get to the headlight to remove the bulb etc.

That's just my personal preference.

Edited by GLPoomobile

timmsy19

also if its moved to under the scuttle panel and the jobs done properly i would imaine it will be a nice clean looking mod.

style and function. although im more for function imo. also thinking of relocating the battery so there is more room in the engine bay and clean it up some what.

mafo

Here in sweden I believe that on left hand drive 205's with the washer jets on the front bumper to clean the headlights there is a container behind the front bumper as standard as well as the one by the suspension tower. Just confirmed from peugeot here container part nos. 6431 35 + filling pipe upto the side of radiator 6439 19. This sits behind front bumper under drivers headlight. Anyone wants me to order let me know!

Gentrix
Here in sweden I believe that on left hand drive 205's with the washer jets on the front bumper to clean the headlights there is a container behind the front bumper as standard as well as the one by the suspension tower. Just confirmed from peugeot here container part nos. 6431 35 + filling pipe upto the side of radiator 6439 19. This sits behind front bumper under drivers headlight. Anyone wants me to order let me know!

This bottle is around 80€ at my local dealer ;)

Perhaps your swedish price is different. I once saw one of this in a swedish scrapyard on öland but took only a picture instead of the bottle *stupid me*

andi

btw: - and the service box says it´s not available.

Sign in to follow this