• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest AndyD

Fuse Keeps Blowing?

Guest AndyD

Hay all,

I was driving home yesterday and the radio stopped working. I just thought it was the old radio. But when I got parked up outside and tried to put the window up with no joy. I checked the fuses and the 25A fuse, 3rd from the left hand side of the fuse box had blown. I replaced it and managed to get the window up, but the fuse keeps blowing. The wipers, windows and radio don’t work. So I have taken the radio out and it still blows the fuse so it’s not the radio.

Any suggestions of where to start looking would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

Edited by AndyD

Roman

maibe viper motor stuck....

M@tt

does the fuse blow as soon as you put it in or when you do something suchj as wind down the window?

try pulling th eelectric window switches out one at a time and see if it keeps blowing them if you find removing one of them stops it blowing then the wiring to/from that must be shorting somewhere

hth

Guest AndyD
does the fuse blow as soon as you put it in or when you do something suchj as wind down the window?

try pulling th eelectric window switches out one at a time and see if it keeps blowing them if you find removing one of them stops it blowing then the wiring to/from that must be shorting somewhere

hth

The fuse blows as soon as i turn the ignition on or try to use the window.

luggy

Ive had a similar issue on my old 1.9, fuses were blowing as soon as I put them in, turns out the rear wiper motor was fecked!.

Guest AndyD
Ive had a similar issue on my old 1.9, fuses were blowing as soon as I put them in, turns out the rear wiper motor was fecked!.

Thanks for that :blush: the rear wiper has never worked, lol. (one of those job on the list). would a broken motor keep blowing a fuse then?

M@tt

if its knackered then switched live feed to the motor could be shorting straight through it to earth hence blowing the fuse.

Easist thing to do is remove the plastic panel from the boot and unplug the motor and see if it stops shorting it

Guest AndyD
if its knackered then switched live feed to the motor could be shorting straight through it to earth hence blowing the fuse.

Easist thing to do is remove the plastic panel from the boot and unplug the motor and see if it stops shorting it

Thanks for that Matt, i keep trying diffrent things. am going to need a big bag of 25A fuses tho. :blush:

Guest AndyD

Just to let people know for future searches. I have found the problem of my number 3 fuse blowing, and Luggy was spot on. One of the rear wiper motor wires had burned through and was touching another. So I have disconnected the motor and the fuse does not blow anymore. So a new rear wiper motor is on the cards I think.

Thanks to all for their suggestions.

Andy

Sign in to follow this