• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

306 Help, Matrix Related

Richie-Van-GTi

anyone familiar with the 306 heater matrix? Are the pipes that link from the bulkhead down to the matrix part of the matrix or are they replacable? Ive just done an engine swap for someone in a 306 xsi with a rattley bottom end. On inspection the oil contained water and further investigation shows a crack in one of these pipes, I suspect this caused a head gasket failure due to low coolant which has watered the oil and killed the bottom end. The guy does 1k a week in this car so it wouldnt of took long to develop :)

Ive bypassed the matrix for now but just looking at ways it can be fixed so he has heaters without breaking the bank.

welshpug

they're part of the matrix, which is a Dash out job to replace, thankfully I have never had to undertake one myself though I know that there are members that have.

good place to ask is the 306gti6.com forum, same heater arrangement across the range, just different pipes from the engine to the bulkhead.

ablister

they are part of the matrix itself. It's not 'that' bad to do, just quite alot to do so you'll have dash bits everywhere!

Sign in to follow this