• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tidypug

Toad Ai606 Alarm

tidypug

Hi all,

I've had the alarm for a few years without any problems, until now. I've swapped the engine in my car so the battery's been off for about 1 month or so. When i reconnected the battery all the alarm control box does is click constanstly and the siren blips, it does this until i turn on the ignition, when it shuts up and allows me to start the car. When i stop the car and turn off the ignition it starts clicking and blipping again. I've tried a few things

I've put a new battery on as the old one was not very good,

I've replaced the earth cables and cleaned up all the connections,

I've checked al the joints were i have wired the alarm into the car,

I have noticed that the led doesn't light up anymore, it did before but now nothing.

So does anyone have any ideas?

GLPoomobile

I can't help but I'm kean to hear if you resolve the fault.

I have an Avital Maxx 1. Last year when I decided to lay my car up the battery eventually drained so I took it out and brought it in doors. I guess the alarm must have been without power for a good few weeks until the night some goon decided to move my car 6ft out of it's space. I charged my battery up and stuck it in the car just so I could re-arm it but every time I armed it it would activate. I tried locking the car manually but as soon as the timer had counted down to auto re-arm it would activate immediately. By activate I mean the siren was going off.

Had been fine before that.

Mad Professor

Sounds like it might of gone into some kind of programming mode?

Do you have the credit card with the 4 number code that came with the alarm? as that tells you how to put the alarm in and out of program mode.

tidypug

I've got the instructions that it came with and thats all, it does say about putting it into program mode so i tried it but to no effect. I've got in touch with toad as well, all they said was to send one of their engineers out, at £150 i think its a bit steep!

Rom

Ive not had any probs with mine, even when left unpowered for long periods of time.

If youve got all the instructions , go through it all. It doesnt sound like a mode to me, but ive not tried them tbh :D

£150 is well steep, you could get a new one for that i think !! Try your local installer, the guy who done mine was very helpful, and not afraid of some cash work ;)

tidypug

i've sorted my alarm now, it ended up being bad earths.

Sign in to follow this