• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
eddie bullit

Tyres

eddie bullit

Hi chaps I'm after some new tyres and after your recommendations. I 'm going for 195 50 15 and fancied some p6000 s, my tyres do 4 for 160 delivered... any advice appreciated...

Cheers Edd.

Rupertfinch

Speaking as a 14inch man - I can say that there's a fair few on this forum who don't rate the p6000s much. Goodyear eagle F1's always seem to find favour though.Mark

just need to point out that 14inch refers to my wheel size not the length of my chap!

Edited by Rupertfinch

Peetypug

on my 306 i'm running 205.40.17 paradas. Got them off ebay for £54 each fitted about a month ago. On the 205 i've got 195.50.15 toyo proxies, got them from a tyre place in stoke, fitted for £42 each about 2 years ago. The paradas are bloody great it this weather :rolleyes:

pug_ham

Leave P6000's well alone if you want to keep your pug on the road.

If you really want to go 195-50VR15 I've got four Toyo Proxes 4's which I bought but am thinking of selling after a change of heart about using them.

I'll sell them for less than the P6000's (what they cost me) & live quite close so you could meet or collect.

Graham.

si_03

im using bf goodrich profilers and they are by far the best tyres i have had. a good all round tyre, have found them in the past to be a bit soft but have done 6000 miles on them and have plenty of meet left

eddie bullit

If you really want to go 195-50VR15 I've got four Toyo Proxes 4's which I bought but am thinking of selling after a change of heart about using them.

I'll sell them for less than the P6000's (what they cost me) & live quite close so you could meet or collect.

Graham.

"If you really want to go 195-50VR15" thats got me thinking Graham. would you recommend sticking with the original tyre size 185-55 15 and if so is it based on any technical reason? pugs completley standard and want to keep it that way but had 195 on my previous pug and thought they were great...saying that it was about 10 yr ago :) think they look slightly better as well on the lower profile.

swordfish210

P6000's are crap! I had them on my old Volvo and in the wet they were as sloppy and random as an Italian factory worker. I'v heard some very good things about the Yokohama Paradas. I'm using Toyo Proxes T1-R's at the moment and thy're very good in the wet but not as good as my old A539's in the dry.

Edited by swordfish210

McDude

Michelin Pilot Exalto 2

About £50 a corner - stick like sh1t to a blanket

Good in the wet too.

CaptainK
On the 205 i've got 195.50.15 toyo proxies

Same here, the new V tread T1R types. Got em for about £35 each fitted from my local tyre fitter. They also aligned it and set i up for free and swapped one of the better "old" tyres for the POS that dodgy people would call a tyre that was in the cage on the bottom of my car. :)

Edited by CaptainK

tagy

yoko prada's 195/50/15

Good in the dry, but very screachy round corners.

Bad in the wet, compared to the goodyear F1's I had before.

v6Max

Toyo R888s @ £50 each. Hmm, sticky!

Rob_the_Sparky

Eagle F1s, 195/50/15s. Storming tyres on the road, really good in the wet when you need the extra traction, but on Alan's track machine they were badly overheating on the ring when dry. One lap and they felt horrid but on the damp day the day before they were great.

Oh and £200 fitted at my house by eTyres

Tom Fenton

Pirelli P3000's on the front that came with the car, and FateO part worns from the local budget place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is on 14" wheels though so choice is limited, on 15" wheels I have used Toyo Proxies, Goodyear Eagle F1's and Yokohama A539's all with good results for a road car. Pirelli P6000's are reasonable enough for a car driven on a motorway, but they are not the last word in grip for a car driven enthusiastically.

James_R

Michelin PE2's as said stick like glue, I've also got a set of falken 912's to try out when I get the car back on the road.

Paintguy
on 15" wheels I have used Toyo Proxies, Goodyear Eagle F1's and Yokohama A539's all with good results for a road car.

Sorry to jump in Tom, but how would you compare the Yoko's and the Eagles side by side?

I've been running my 539's for a few years now, and whilst they are great in this current weather, I find that with even the merest hint of moisture on the roads it's like driving on ice, and I'm wheelspinning everywhere like a seventeen year old chav!

I'm on the lookout for new front boots at the minute, and could do with something that's a bit more of an all-rounder.

Cheers chap :)

Tom Fenton

The Eagle F1's are probably the best of the bunch TBH, all the three I listed are good allrounders but the F1's really are good, although on the pricey side.

I fitted a set of 4 to my old Xsara VTS and then replaced the front 2 when required with some more F1's as I thought they were that good. I've heard reports that they don't stand up well to track use, but for the road they were great.

If your 539's are a few years old they have probably started to go hard, you might find some tyre softener helps with grip, although they will then wear down more quickly, however if you are in the market for some new tyres that probably won't bother you too much.

sonofsam

I really like my rain-sports for the road in all conditions, cheap too!

Paintguy

Thanks Tom.

To be honest, I didn't really like the 539's in the wet when I first put them on around 3 years ago. Looks like I may be trying the Eagles then :)

Tom Fenton

The F1's were especially good in the wet, give them a try, I don't think you'll be disappointed, and if you are I'll buy them off you!!

newdean0

Hankook Ventus RS2 :)

Not as bad as you'd think, I had Eagle F1s on before so I'm not comparing them to ditch finders. £49 each from camskill delivered. Used them at Llandow in the dry and they didn't melt. They have decent grip in the wet and a fairly sensible tread pattern so you can use them on the road.

Camskill site

28CRAIG

I am another one for Michelin PE2's just got four for mine and have been very good for the last 2.5k in wet or dry but you get what you pay for.

eddie bullit

Graham.

Hi Graham pm me with what you want for the toyos if new.. will be interested if the right money :blush:

saveloy

I've run Bridgestone RE720s for the past few thousand miles and I find them to be extremely good. Better than my previous set of F1 GD3s. Notably, the stiffer side walls.

They really are a great all rounder.

Jrod

Kuhmo KU31's - Rate them as good as my goodyear F1's in the wet but this may be due to the size change. Downside is they are quite soft so don't last as long as others but then they are cheaper.

pug_ham
Hi Graham pm me with what you want for the toyos if new.. will be interested if the right money :)

PM sent, same as I paid for them is my price. Unused & stored inside with no weather conditioning.

I've run Bridgestone RE720s for the past few thousand miles and I find them to be extremely good. Better than my previous set of F1 GD3s. Notably, the stiffer side walls.

They really are a great all rounder.

I fitted my last two 185-60/14 Re720's to the front of my car before the PSOOC Euro adventure & now the car has full set of matching tyres it just feels so much better on the road. Shame they aren't available anymore. :(

Bridgestones are a dual compound tyre & don't see the best of their grip / feeling until they are at least 3mm worn in from new imo.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this