• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DamirGTI

What Can I Use For Covering This ?!

DamirGTI

Hello !

As above , was wondering which product can i use to copy OE protection inside the wheel arches ? I've cut out some rusty piece of metal and welded in fresh one :

IMG_6852-1.jpg

as it was a bit rusty from the inside :D :

IMG_6809.jpg

covered welds with seam sealer from inside and outside :

IMG_6921.jpg

What is this OE protective coat ? it's one gray rubbery layer of something on top then one orange layer underneath , doesn't look like ordinary stonechip coat to me B)

I have "Loctite/Teroson" distributer near me so can anyone pick the right product from this list :

http://www.loctite.fr/int_henkel/loctite_f...lete_lowres.pdf

Thanks ! :wub:

Damir

Edited by DamirGTI

DamirGTI

..anyone :ph34r:

Tommer

you could always use some kind of think bitchumin (spelling?) sort of undercoat paint, my old man got me some from his work and I have covered everthing that I want protected with it, its well waterproof and pretty thick so doesn't chip off easily.

Tommer

DamirGTI

Yes but i want something thicker :D so that i can apply at least 3-5mm thick coat ... something like high build flex putty (bitumen or rubber based no matter ..) , dunno if i can use seam sealer for covering these entire area :)

Damir B)

Edited by DamirGTI

cheapthrills

looking through that catalogue its hard to tell, all the underbody coatings look very similar.... but the 'Plastic Padding

Underbody Protect'(last one in that section) does mention wheel arches. otherwise maybe 'Terotex Record

2000 light' for noise suppression, but i'm only guessing. does your supplier have any useful info?

i'd be interested to hear which you decide on because i'll be using loctite myself

cheers :D

DamirGTI

I know theres so much similar products listed :D dunno which is the right one ... and i couldn't get any useful advice from the dealer :)

I'll let you know when i find the right stuff for this job B)

Rgs ! :(

Damir

Paintguy

Just got your PM mate :D

That stuff is a kind of seam sealer, but it's applied with a special spray gun, similar to this one:

84325.jpg

You put in the type of cartridge you'd normally use with a caulking gun, but it sprays it on to give a very thick and durable seal. The nozzle can be adjusted to give a fan shaped spray for doing seams, or it can simply be used to put a very thick coating all over a panel.

Not sure where you'd get one of those guns though (and they are expensive!). Your next best option might simply be several layers of a 'normal' stonechip product.

Edited by Paintguy

toddydal

yeh them guns are awsome,they make all panel beaters look good :D

DamirGTI

Hi Andy !

Ok. , but can i buy that stuff on the "brush on" basis ? :D i just need to cover up this and a few smaller areas under the car so investing in that kind of tool will be a little over the top for now :)

Im afraid that ordinary stonechip stuff will be to "soft" cos , as you know , this area is a bit intensively affected from the nasty flying stones thrown from the tyres B)

Damir :(

DamirGTI

...i've found something :

pistolj-za-din700.gif

(for Dinitrol 700 cartridges)

and yes , it is a bit expensive : 170.00quid :D

Damir

Sign in to follow this