• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
damo

Reverse Light

damo

when putting my cti in reverse the light flashes on but remains off?

is this a mot failure?

also any ideas on how to fix? i assume its a sensor somewhere for reverse gear?

miamistu

The switch is on top of the gearbox.

It's not an MOT failure - I didn't have a reversing light for years and was fine.

205gt-ty

Changed my reverse switch the other day cost about £8.00 I think and it was a 22mm socket to get it out it was a quick easy job.

hope this helps

Arahan

^^^ Where did you get the switch from, Pug?

205gt-ty

sorry i lied just got the receipt out it was 13.75 inc vat from pug reference no. P0000225741.

when i got the old one out and broke it apart I saw the fault was due to the carbon build up over the years

Simon

CaptainP

Just make sure you get the correct one for your gearbox as the BE1 & BE3 "plungers" are different. About £7 from your local motor factors or the pug price above ^. Mine broke clean off as soon as I tried to remove it also so it was pretty apparent where the fault was.

flipperthebushkangaroo

As already stated this is not a mot fail, if its like mine it will remain on if you hold the gearstick to keep it "hard" in gear. Otherwise change it as suggested

Roddie

Arahan

If its only £7 i may get one then, currently got phase 2 rears but blank in the bumper instead of reverse as the swith is buggered. But I have the wiring all in place and have a light, just depends on if I can be bothered spending £7 and fitting it just for the sake of it I suppose!

Sign in to follow this