• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest TwoZeroFive

Hubcentric Spacers And Extended Flat Faced Bolts

Guest TwoZeroFive

running 205 1.9gti wheels on my 106 gti and fitted some 4 pot calipers yesterday and in need of some spacers

now i can find the spacers fine its just flat faced extend bolts i am having trouble with, have to be flat faced to fit the 205 wheels.

anybody know where i can purchase some of these as i need clearnce on thos brakes.

regards scott

jackherer

Studs and nuts are your best bet IMO.

Guest TwoZeroFive
Studs and nuts are your best bet IMO.

the conversion kits that are on ebay?

just been looking at those

jackherer

Not sure about the ebay ones, there have been some group buys on here for some decent ones made by Graystone IIRC.

The studs are available in 60mm or 80mm which is handy if you're fitting spacers.

Rom

Its possible to get washers that allow you to fit tapered bolts. They have the female version of the taper one side, flat the other.

But ideally, go for a stud conversion. As they make fitting the wheels a lot easier :lol:

Somethign i keep meanign to get round too :P

jackherer
As they make fitting the wheels a lot easier :P

Especially with spacers, fitting wheels with spacers and bolts makes me very angry.

Guest TwoZeroFive

hubcentric spacers will just spin where as the rubbish 5mm universal ones i have on at the moment are a total pain spin and drop down below the holes so bit of double sided tape to hold them in place.

need to measure the bore size on the 205 wheel and the hub diameter that the wheel sits on on the car.

job for tomorow now

welshpug

think you've got the type of spacers confused there, Hubcentric are the ones that fit the centre bore of the wheel precisely, and locate onto the hub as the wheel would normally, though even these can be a fiddle to get lined up precisely there are ways around it, Studs are one of them.

bolting them to the hub is another easy solution if they have enough material.

Rippthrough

Or use extended disc screws and bolt the spacers to the hub with 'em :P

welshpug

that's what I meant Phill :P

Guest TwoZeroFive

hunting the web now for what i will need.

might go for the stud conversion ones but would be nice to find some flat faced extended bolts, there all tapered

Sign in to follow this