• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
TaffyTim

Returning Peugeot Parts

TaffyTim

If i return some parts to peugeot as they werent needed will they give a full refund?

jord294
If i return some parts to peugeot as they werent needed will they give a full refund?

i don't think so. not if they were specially ordered in

depends how well you get on with your local dealer.

what you returning?

Tom Fenton

I think it depends on the dealer, and if they were special order parts. My local dealer has a policy of charging a 20% re-stocking fee, although I've never needed to return anything yet.

What is the item in question, I'd have thought that unless it is something SERIOUSLY obscure then you'd find a home for it with somebody on here.

TaffyTim

Its for 2 callipers from the 307 as my nipples didnt sheer off.

Ive put an advert on here but no takers as yet. Im happy to keep them as spares as im sure ill need them at some point, but im also happy to have another £125 sitting in my bank account.

I was going to keep them as spares but someone said that the dealer would take them back?? I was doubtful of this hence the thread.

damien

i was always told by my dealer that if they have to order a part in then theres no refund but if its a stock item then they will.

Cameron

I'd have thought a brake caliper would be a stock item, specially for a new model like the 307. Special order items are ones that they don't keep in stock and so won't refund you. But only a few things are special order and mostly obscure parts for old models. It's worth a try though, the worst they can do is say no.

Edited by Cameron

jord294

are the 307 calipers supposed to be an upgrade for the o/e 1.9 calipers?

would they use bigger discs?

do they bolt straight on to o/e 1.9 hub?

would i need extended flex brake pipe if i was to fit them?

any pics please?

thanks

Rom

There are 2 versions of 307 HDI brakes i think.

266mm and 283mm (i might be a few mm out :ph34r: ) Both use 54mm pistons.

I bought mine with carriers also, as i dont think they bolt onto 1.9 carriers. Ive got a braided hose set, for the 1.9, and when i upgraded they fitted fine.

Theres loads of info on here about the swap. And MCs aswell, as you will have longer pedal travel if you keep the standard one.

As for stock parts etc. My dealer wont take back special order items. He said they cant send them back unless its over £100, and even then it was 20% handling charge.

Id be extremely surprised if any dealers kept stuff like calipers in stock. I work for Toyota, and we dont even keep discs and pads for every car. Which i think is crap, but its all to do with how much value in stock the branch is allowed to hold etc.

They will sell..if you have the patience, sometimes theres loads of people selling brakes or after them, sometimes theres none :) Grab the part numbers, to see what size discs they use.

Phil H

From my experience, they will take back stock items like oil filters, but anything else they won't. It's all about minimising the stockholding. Stock on the shelf is money tied up in the business.

Foltan
are the 307 calipers supposed to be an upgrade for the o/e 1.9 calipers?

would they use bigger discs?

do they bolt straight on to o/e 1.9 hub?

would i need extended flex brake pipe if i was to fit them?

any pics please?

thanks

Yep, they're a good upgrade from the 1.9 brakes, with big 283mm vented discs, the same as the 206GTi 180.

Discs are fairly easy and cheap to get hold of, look for ones from a 307 HDi.

They'll bolt on with the same bolts and hoses and fit under 1.9 alloys nice and tightly; they look great :mellow:

p.s. there's a guide on the website

Edited by Foltan

Sign in to follow this