• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sutol

Freakin Loom Doin My 'ed In

sutol

This BX loom is doin my head in post-9302-1209414777.gif

I have no plug for my ignition module

the wires are different colours from 205

plugs are in different places

the reverse light switch dosn't fit the plug etc etc etc

PLUG AND GO MY ARSE post-9302-1209415098.gif

The BX wiring diagram is confusing but I'm starting to get my head round it.

The 205 wiring has numbered wires

The BX wiring has coloured wires

I've just given up after two hours trying to sort it out from the manuals

Any one any tips or pointers before I torch the ffing thing post-9302-1209415342.gif

jackherer

The ignition section is removable so if you dont have an ign amp plug you probably have a section missing :(

The switched 12v and rev counter connections are on the piece you dont have so you wont be able to find those plugs.

Once you source the ignition section I can tell you how to wire it all up in a couple of sentences, its not hard once you know what needs to go where.

What year/reg is your 205?

inferno

kierans getting good at wiring up othe ppls mi16's ... i can vouch for that :(

sutol
The ignition section is removable so if you dont have an ign amp plug you probably have a section missing :unsure:

The switched 12v and rev counter connections are on the piece you dont have so you wont be able to find those plugs.

Once you source the ignition section I can tell you how to wire it all up in a couple of sentences, its not hard once you know what needs to go where.

What year/reg is your 205?

Thanks for information, the 205 is a 1.9 on an 'H' reg . and the loom is supposidly a BX 16 Motronic

Is the ign mod plug in the rame place on the loom as the 205 or am I missing some info ?

I'm going to I D all the plugs today so I can see what I've got, I'll let you know how I go on later today. :D

jackherer

If its H reg the reversing light plug should have fitted OK, what gearbox are you fitting?

Look for a 3 pin white rectangular multiplug with a green wire, a yellow wire and a bare braid wire, this is where the ignition loom section plugs in. The mini-loom that plugs in there has the connectors for the ignition amp and the coil as well as a two pin white multiplug which is where you supply the loom with a switched 12v feed and also where you get the rev counter feed from.

Any chance you can lay out the loom and take a pic?

pacey205

There was a thread started by me that had some really good info on wiring in the BX loom where someone (think it was jonnie205) gave a really good description of what needed connecting and where. I cant find it though so think it may have been deleted :D will have a check at home as may have a copy somewhere.

Michael

sutol
If its H reg the reversing light plug should have fitted OK, what gearbox are you fitting?

Look for a 3 pin white rectangular multiplug with a green wire, a yellow wire and a bare braid wire, this is where the ignition loom section plugs in. The mini-loom that plugs in there has the connectors for the ignition amp and the coil as well as a two pin white multiplug which is where you supply the loom with a switched 12v feed and also where you get the rev counter feed from.

Any chance you can lay out the loom and take a pic?

Forgot I've changed the box to a 1.6 Be1 so I'll put connectors on when I've ID'd the wires.

Found the plug for the ign amp at the gearbox end of the loom so I'll move the amp.

The loom is in the car so it should be easy !

The grey plugs are for injectors so thats four out of the way

I need some wires for thermostat housing and these green and brown are unidentified

post-9302-1209470384.jpg

Found the rectangular white post-9302-1209470582.jpg

These two stick out of the loom at about the same placepost-9302-1209470696.jpg

This will be the 12v supply and AFM I think

post-9302-1209470957.jpg I only have one blue connector and would love to know where it goes.

I have put red on the starter and I think yellow goes to the oil pressure switch.

there is a plug at the back of engine with brown and green which I think is oil level .

Any help with colours for loose wires would be a great help.

I meticulously marked and labelled the 1.9 loom as I removed it which will help if I need to use it in the future, I just wish other people would do the same.

I'm going to keep a record of what goes where and put it all together for future reference (If I ever get it done)

To get me started then I need to know what colours go to Oil press / water temp / thermostat housing / reverse light / alternator ( I've got one on that already) and what the small blue plug is for.

I need to plug un the oil and temp, starter and alternator and then fit the inlet manifold, I think it would be best to do it in easy stages then it will get clearer as I go along. :D

jackherer
These two stick out of the loom at about the same placepost-9302-1209470696.jpg

This will be the 12v supply and AFM I think

Thats correct.

post-9302-1209470957.jpg I only have one blue connector and would love to know where it goes.

Thats the ECU coolant temp sensor plug, goes onto a blue sensor on the side of the thermostat housing.

sutol
[/font]

Thats correct.

Thats the ECU coolant temp sensor plug, goes onto a blue sensor on the side of the thermostat housing.

Thanks jackherer, that'll get me going, I think I'll finish the dash and get the column back on and plugged in, then I can put a battery on and test for the oil and temp etc. Then I can get the manifold on and go from there......sounds like a plan :D

Sign in to follow this