• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sutol

What Is This For Please?

sutol

This question has been posted before and I read it but I'll be blowed if I can remember what it is for or if it needs to be connected. :rolleyes:

I remember removing it from under the steering column but I can't remember if it was plugged in. :blush:

I hope not because I can't find a plug to fit it !

post-9302-1209070017.jpgpost-9302-1209070001.jpg

danpug

Iirc its the alarm for when you leave your lights on???

sutol

Yep, I think your right.

Also got two yellow wires conected to a small spade connector over when plugging the instrument panel back in, can't find where they go either.

Not good as I only took it off yesterday :rolleyes:

BERTMAN

you have an alarm for when youleave your lights on? oooooooo bit posh lol mine dosent

pike_1.9cti
Also got two yellow wires conected to a small spade connector over when plugging the instrument panel back in, can't find where they go either.

Not good as I only took it off yesterday :rolleyes:

Im stuck with the yellow wire aswell! I only replaced the tachy relay but then saw these. Not sure if i knocked them off or whether it was for a extra that was never installed on my car.

Thing is haven't noticed anything not working.

anybody know?

chris1986

i too have the spare yellow connectors. havn't noticed aanything not working so not bothered about them

sutol
you have an alarm for when youleave your lights on? oooooooo bit posh lol mine dosent

Not any more I don't, I can't find anything to plug into it. I think it had a wire goilg to it but not sure.

You can bet I'll have a few wires left over so I'll plug one of those in. :rolleyes:

Miles

Its the remote central locking interface module

The spare wire is for the Choke

:rolleyes:

sutol
Its the remote central locking interface module

The spare wire is for the Choke

:rolleyes:

Thanks mate, you don't happen to know what wires go to it do you as I dont have a big plug in the vicinity to fit it and I don't think I disconnected one? :blush:

Grim.Badger

Are you sure the yellow wire doesn't share a space in one of the brown multiplugs with the thick red wire? You should be able to tell because if it does it will have a very thin/sharp male spade connector. (wire 32a on the diagram below)

post-8041-1209114636_thumb.jpg

Edited by Grim.Badger

sutol
Are you sure the yellow wire doesn't share a space in one of the brown multiplugs with the thick red wire? You should be able to tell because if it does it will have a very thin/sharp male spade connector. (wire 32a on the diagram below)

post-8041-1209114636_thumb.jpg

Yellows are squashed into a normal sized spade connector, but diagram usefull ...thanks :lol:

Sign in to follow this