• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AdamVester

How Fars Your Hose's From Your Manifold?

AdamVester

ok still having some overheating problems. its not going all the way of the temp chart or anything like that just the 2ed bar from the very end (past half way) thats normal driving kinda scared to think what would happen if i was in a traffic jam!!!

i put it down 2 one or 2 things.

1) I droped the RAD a few inch's when i did the mi16 convershion but fans are in normal place so the RAD isnt getting full cooling from the fans only about half. (but the fans only go of when its hot and the fact is getting hots the problem not the cooling down as that seams to hold it at a stedyish temp but as i said i dont want to get stick in a traffic jam.)

2) a few of the back hose's going from the engine to the heater matrix (the one with the bleeder on it and the other one that goes into the thermostate) they are both aprox 8mm from the manifold so im guessing the heat from the manifold is boiling up all the water thats curculating the system. on my 205 hose's were a good 2" away from the manifold and the temp was on the middle needle on the chart with that.

so recon i could be right?

anyway what i really wanted was some pictures of how you have relocated your hose's and stuff (my manifold isnt reangled or shortend my bulkhead has been cut and welded instead).

but yeah any pictures are welcome.

also any kind of infomation on how i can solve this problem.

Dream Weaver

I doubt either of points 1 or 2 are to blame.

I have my rad lowered and fan in normal place, but as you say the fan only comes on when hot so this wouldn't cause overheating in normal driving.

The hoses near the manifold are just for the heater so it doesn't matter how hot they get, its the rad and the airflow that cools the water down for the engine.

I would guess your thermostat is playing up, or possibly a blocked hose near the rad or t/stat area, probably thermostat though and they are cheap enough to buy.

AdamVester

cheers Dream Weaver ill replace this on friday and find out. the thing does work it cools down and heats up for example if im doing say 60ish the temp stays mid way if i do 30 or below it will be 2ed from top bar with the twin fans on.

suppose u could be right though sticking and stuff. i have only ever had one stuck on compleately do have no experience with one "sticking at times" cheers worth a try the engine was stood 3 years so well worth replacing anyway even if its not at fault.

welshpug

when up to temp my 205 sits on the first big mark on the gauge, the fans kick in 1 big mark from the top.

sounds like Dream weaver is on the right track with a sticky stat, what radiator is it BTW i;ve never had any trouble at all since replacing the rad for a nissens one and a new stat from GSF.

Pug_Power_Dave

Could it also be to do with the cooling system not being bleed properly and having air pockets in it? My mi did that abit after having the engine and rad out etc!

AdamVester

na i spent ages bleeding the system of air tryed the way with the engine not started and the way with it started. did both for like 10 mins so should not be any air in there and if there is should be very little. um using the standard one that come with the 205 but ill look into the nissens one never new it was an option lol.

anyway should pick up the thermostat on friday anyone no the part number of spec of it as ill probs get a none pug part.

Sign in to follow this