• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ben Allen

Lpg Issues

Ben Allen

I'm having a few issues with the LPG on my Merc. Thus far I've not really been able to use the stuff - I have run the car on LPG for a bit, but filling up is proving difficult/impossible.

So far I've tried filling it about four times. The most I've got in the tank was £3.06, and before that the previous attempts got me under 50p each time. It seems as though there's pressure in the tank, or something. IT just doesn't want to fill.

Any ideas? I can run a 2.3-litre Benz on gas, but on normal petrol I'm getting ass-raped!

Attaching the adapter isn't the most straight forward thing ever too. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Tom Fenton

Usually there is a bleed point near the fill valve, you open this bleed, fill until you see vapour starting to come out, and then shut valve and stop filling. It is important to not overfill the LPG tank as it can expand if it gets hot, thus you need to leave some air gap in there.

Sign in to follow this