• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Andrwn8304

Bhp How To Find Out

Andrwn8304

I'm not sure if this is the right forum but can someone tell me how to find what BHP my 205 has as evry web site I try tells me its either 105 or 115 bhp. One website talks about the later engines being 115 bhp which can be told by having a manual timing belt adjuster which mine has and the earlier XU5JA engines having a spring loaded tensioner.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Year = 1990

Phase = 1.5

Engine = XU5JA

Cheers

Andrwn8304

Simes

Unless it's had an engine swap 115bhp.

105bhp was the first batch of 205's up to and around 1986.

Tom Fenton

As above, the 105bhp were only the really early cars, a 1990 should have the 115bhp.

The timing belt adjuster bit is rubbish, I've seen loads of 115bhp 1.6's with the spring loaded tensioner, later ones had the manual tensioner and a different belt.

Another way to tell is that the 105bhp ones didn't have a breather connection to the cam cover.

Andrwn8304

thx guys

Mine has the breather from the cam cover so I guess it is the 115bhp engine

All this for a exhaust system, on another note, its time for me replace the Magnex Exhaust and fancy a quiet life on the road and as the Magnex was on when I bought the car and I'm gonna change it back to standard exhaust system I bought a 2nd hand reinforced manifold after being told all the later versions were the same does anyone know if I bought the correct 1 by this description.

90ish degrees from cyl head and the flange is about 160 degrees pitch for the front pipe to connect to. Looking inside the manifold it appears to have divider running across the inside of the manifold apparently the early 205's had front pipe pitch of about 110 degrees for the front pipe

Sign in to follow this