• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Masekwm

Does A Hole Lurk To The Right Of Bonnet Hinge?

Masekwm

Just wondering if there is a hole under the hinge for the bonnet? Just been fitting a new exhaust laid the spring on the black plastic it rolled and vanished.

I've poked around the hole with a magnetic reach tool but the spring appears to have vanished! I guess into the wing?

Is there a hole and if there is, is it a case of undoing the bonnet and then reconnecting it? Wheres my spring gone!

Thanks

Keith

steve@cornwall
Just wondering if there is a hole under the hinge for the bonnet? Just been fitting a new exhaust laid the spring on the black plastic it rolled and vanished.

I've poked around the hole with a magnetic reach tool but the spring appears to have vanished! I guess into the wing?

Is there a hole and if there is, is it a case of undoing the bonnet and then reconnecting it? Wheres my spring gone!

Thanks

Keith

Water drainage, straight to the bottom of the wing, I'm afraid

Masekwm

Is it a case of undoing the bonnet and then using the reach tool to grab it or has it gone forever? :)

I've been here before, with a 13mm socket falling into my gearbox! :wacko:

steve@cornwall
Is it a case of undoing the bonnet and then using the reach tool to grab it or has it gone forever? :D

I've been here before, with a 13mm socket falling into my gearbox! :lol:

If you're desperate to get it out I'd have a go through the hole filled by a grommet in the inner wheel arch. (top one of the two)

Sign in to follow this