• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
309PUG

Fuse Board

309PUG

First my indicators stopped working now a switched live from the fuse board to power my DTA ECU has also stopped working, thanks to M@tt and Andy (Paintguy) who diagnosed the faults.

Seems very strange for the internals of a fuse board to stop working just like that ?? wonders what could go next :(

Anyone else had a similar experience ??

Chris

pug_ham

My strange problem wasn't the fuseboard at all.

I used to randomly lose power for the horn & heated rear window which eventually was cured by replacing two of the wires to the back of the dash switch for the heated rear window.

At some time a previous alarm fitter or owner had been playing with thew wiring behind the dash & fitted scotch blocks to run a flashing LED from the back of the switch. This damage after they'd been removed was causing all the circuits run from this one fuseboard plug to loose power intermittently because someof the strands had been cut when they were fitted. :(

Took quite a while to find the problem, ages with a multimeter & testing the wiring but an easy fix once it was found. B)

Graham.

Sign in to follow this