• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bill

Starting Car On Carbs

bill

is this the right info regarding starting a car thats on carbs, i have been told you need to pump the pedal 3 times before starting the car, is this right? i'm a bit cautious as the engine has already flooded once, so i dont want it happening again ( not off me, picked it up like that )

boldy205

I have a Mi16 on twin 45s. 3 pumps when the engine is cold, but air temp above 8 deg C (ish, not to technical!!) And up to 5 when the outside temp is as low as 0. I find this works but try 3 and see how it goes. Once hot just fully press the fun pedal and hold, flick the key and off you go! Warppp!!

bill
I have a Mi16 on twin 45s. 3 pumps when the engine is cold, but air temp above 8 deg C (ish, not to technical!!) And up to 5 when the outside temp is as low as 0. I find this works but try 3 and see how it goes. Once hot just fully press the fun pedal and hold, flick the key and off you go! Warppp!!

cheers pal, i'll stick to 3 like you say and see how i go :D

Sign in to follow this