• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gerlewislewis

Wiring Connectors Query

gerlewislewis

I have just fitted a new starter motor, and it has spade connectors, but my negative cable is a ring-type connector (nut and bolt kind). How can I change the rgin connector to fit the spade? are spades of various sizes readily available from some where?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Geraint

Mikey G

Negative cable? Are you on about the solenoid trigger wire?

If so just cut it of and crimp on a standard female terminal, normally blue and advertised as an insulated 6.3mm female connector.

gerlewislewis

Its a golf starter motor. Thats the one I think, not the main cable the secondry one.

a standard female terminal sounds about right. Where can I get one of these connectors? - Halfords? Motorfactors?

Cheers Mikey

Tom Fenton

Any car spares shop worth its salt will have these.

Mikey G

Normally in little blister packs in any motorfactors or even Halfords for a few pennies, or if you want to take a drive up to me i have a jar full of them :( but i think your petrol would cost more than the cost of the terminals...

gerlewislewis

cheers dudes.

Simes

If you're going to be doing more get yourself a decent rachet crimp tool - it will make it an easier and neater job than a cheapie non rachet version.

Sign in to follow this