• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MerlinGTI

205 Quickshift

MerlinGTI

Just wondering for those of you that have fitted one of those quick shift 'L' shaped brackets on your 205's, what you thought? Would you reccommend?

I think the throw is quite short as standard and wondered if was a nice tweak or ruined the change. I only ask as ive bought a set of uprated link rods because the standard ones were knackered, and while im at it..... :(

Miles

It's cheaper to reduce the length of the 'L' and has a better effect than making it longer, Have a search as it's been covered loads of times, If you'd bought some of my Rod's I could have thrown in a ball to do this for nothing

Baz

Much better imo, i've used a fair few, lengthened and shortened std ones, proper lengthened ones, and one of my cars has some added-on lengthening item atm and it seems fine.

Edited by Baz

Baz

just grind the back of the ball off, drill a 6mm hole about 20mm further up, and weld in the ball there.

MerlinGTI
one of my cars has some added-on lengthening item atm and it seems fine.

That the constella add on thing? The design scared me off, looked a bit prone to moving. Glad to hear its ok tho. Think I'll try an ebay lengthened one at a later date. :blink:

Miles didnt know you had a shop. Added to bookmarks ;)

Baz

Yes probably, rings a bell, it seems fine but i'm taking it off and putting the car back to std anyway. PM me if you're interested in it.

djinuk

Constella want to manufacter me a full quickshift gear stick? opinons?

pike_1.9cti

Miles, had one of your ball and nut solution, only just fitted it the other day, went for 17mm, so much more positive along with putting in the new nylon bushes. Cheap and very effective! Good for road car!

Baz
Constella want to manufacter me a full quickshift gear stick? opinons?

IIRC they already do one...? :blink:

rapidmi

i added this contella item and shortened the bracket by 10mm, its a great shifter just not so good with the shortened bracket, first time on the track using i missed a few gears

DSC00132.jpg

DSC00412.jpg

Sign in to follow this