• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chadney123

Hdi Engine In 205?

chadney123

Hi, would a 406/306 2.0 HDI engine fit into a diesel 205?

If so what sort of mods would i have to do?

Many Thanks

boldy205

Try a search, i cant remember who it was but a monster HDI in a 205 has been done. Different and VERY impresive!

GLPoomobile

That's nae good is it? Search doesnae work on 3 letter words!!!!!!!!! :(

Edited by GLPoomobile

VisaGTi16v

I hate diesels due to the offensive noise they make and soot etc but that thing must be a complete animal, flooring it on boost must have an incredible kick in your back with its low weight although obviously only in higher gears as it would just shred its tyres in the lower ones heh

danpug

Fook me!

400 nm through the front wheels!

you better have an account at your local tyre fitter!

brian j

As well as the mental 2.2 hdi conversionalready mentioned, there are a few 2 litre HDI 205s around.

IIRC, the engine drops straight in on the original mountings (It is basically an XUD block with a couple of mods and a new head)

Wireing should be no worse than an s16/gti6 conversion, but you will need the lift pump and possibly fuel cooler and will probably have to do something with the fuel piping to get it plumbed in.

If you have a look on the HDI owners club forums, a few people are getting 140+ bhp and a LOT of torque from just an intercooler and a remap, which would be realtively easy when you are fitting it.

Sign in to follow this