• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
m_pugz_1986

I Have A Kangaroo In My Car :(

m_pugz_1986

I have a problem every now and then but tonight was the worst . Every now and then it like kangaroo jumps sits and jumps like its a ignition problem like leads or plugs , it does this for a few mins then will be ok for a while .Sometimes a long period or could be 10 mins or even less , but last time did it then not again when i got home . It started for a while when i was travailing back from Cornwall , so i changed the leads to genuine Bosch , a new genuine deucellier cap and rotor arm and some NGK R plugs that was the other day . :blush:

I am thinking where to go to next ? Fuel filter , coil pack , ignition amp , airflow meter or TB ????

but was thinking dont the ignition amp ushally just pack up same as the coil pack ?

oh my car is a k plate cat with motronic system which came with the car as a 205 system not off any other pug .

many thanks matt

Tom Fenton

The kind of symptom you describe is usually ignition rather than fuel related in my experience. The ignition amps can go flakey so it may be a good place to start. Fuel problems usually show up as a gradual loss of power rather than abrupt cutting out.

Baz

He's in Swindon Kris. :blush:

It's a bit of a character trait of jetronic tbh...

m_pugz_1986

im on the edge of swindon oxford side just down the a420 from swindon

m_pugz_1986
He's in Swindon Kris. :(

It's a bit of a character trait of jetronic tbh...

its not jetronic tho is it baz B)

and it never cuts out just looses revs sometimes and does a skippy act on me :blush:

Baz

Didn't say it was...

m_pugz_1986

thought u was implying it tho mate :o well my plugs looked really sh**ty but the electrode was the normal light brown color and the tip was a bit brown too , but if looked on top about the nut part of the plug the white paucelin (cant spell ) was a brown so might that the plugs have got a bit too hot :)

which might been something to do it but unsure if that made it better as it has not done it since :o

oh i changed the plugs yesterday

Edited by m_pugz_1986

m_pugz_1986

i think i have just sorted it :) i changed the plugs again for these super duper Bosch plugs got all the writing in green , well anyway set the gaps as well and starts better and runs smoother plus with the NGK R's in when was cold on initial start up when u reved it used to miss a tiny bit until was warm . But these plugs don't do this , so could of been the NGK R plugs even though was under a week old and the plugs i had in there before was NGK R's

Sign in to follow this